Some progress today for my planet generator in Space Miner, I have added a random generation for the next tile to be chosen (Lower, Level or Higher). I have also worked a bit on getting the edges between Areas connected properly.
Basically what I have now is a randomly generated planet surface without the logic to tie together the start and end surface. I am able to choose the radius of the planet, which gives me control of the size I want. The screenshots I am showing off has a radius of about 40, but real planets will hopefully be at least 10x-50x larger.
The next tasks will be:
- Make the generator tie together the start and end of the surface by moving towards the same radius
- Make the probability of next tile being Higher and Lower based on the current radius
- Higher tile is more probable if radius is low
- Lower tile is more probable if radius is high
- Level tile should have a static probability… I think.
- Make it a high probability of the next tile being the same as the previous one